Monday, July 22, 2013

You're in the music, Daddy



Driving home yesterday I popped in a CD Dad had made for us. It was his workout music. I’ve used it often for my workouts. It’s a rhythmic compilation that keeps us awake on long trips, too.

As I listened to Gene Harris, I saw Dad playing along, brushes swishing gently on his snare in perfect time, smiling the peace inside of him. I had to stop the music.

I am so thankful to Dad for instilling in me a never-ending love of jazz; which is why it’s going to be hard to listen to our old favorites. Like Duke Ellington that’s playing in my office at this moment.

Miss you, Daddy. Very much.


Dad playing at our famous coffee shop The Hard Bean Cafe in Grandview, 2008.




To share your thoughts or comments, click on the '(numeral) comments' link below and next to "posted by Cheryl Ann Wills.' I would love to hear from you!

No comments: