Monday, July 29, 2013

Thank You, Dad, for Hope


He was so young in my dream, my dad was. The 20-something face I remember only from pictures. Handsome, lots of dark hair, athletic. And smiling. Of course. I think he was wearing a white shirt.

“Hi, Cheryl.” I heard that familiar joyful beat in his voice.

“Hi, Daddy. We miss you a lot down here.”

“I know. And I understand,” he replied solemnly.

“Well, do you want to come back, Daddy?”

“Cheryl, you have no idea how wonderful it is here. No, I don’t want to come back.”

I didn’t feel abandoned by his words. Rather, his words filled me with hope.

And the dream ended.

Thank you, Daddy.

July 26, 2013 




To share your thoughts or comments, click on the '(numeral) comments' link below and next to "posted by Cheryl Ann Wills.' I would love to hear from you!

No comments: